Saturday 14 May 2016

Food, glorious (banned) food

So the nasal feeding tube has pretty much been my only source of nutrition (after a week the dietician let me also have plain jacket potatoes as well... WOOHOO), but this means I've become obsessed with food in 2 very different ways:
  1. Seriously studying and learning the strict LOFFLEX diet that I will be put on once I leave hospital (links to the diet and recipes are included on the right) to ensure that my recovery is as complete and effective as possible.
  2. Voyeuristically watching every cookery show on TV possible and fantasizing about all of the delicious things I cant have. Masterchef, Great British Bake Off, daytime TV fix Chopping Block, I will watch literally anything with food in.
As part of number 2, I started a "Dream Foods" list (by no means complete) of things that I know are potentially months away from me ever eating, and in some cases I may never be able to eat some of these regularly again, but that isn't going to stop me making sure!
  • Nandos ("cheeky" cliche I know but its that goddamn sauce I'm craving)
  • Quarter pounder with cheese & burger sauce from one specific kebab shop near me
  • Iced finger donut
  • Danish Pastries
  • Choc ices
  • TGI Fridays - specifically the Jack Daniels sauce chicken strips AND dipping chips in a mixture of the JD and Honey & Mustard sauces
  • Mint chocolate Matchmakers
  • Chilli con Carne
  • American style breakfast waffles with maple syrup
  • Churro's dipped in chocolate
  • Chicken, chorizo and black pudding pie
  • Shortbread
  • Chilli cheese dog from TopGolf
  • Soft poppy seed pretzels (and almost any other pastry or cake to be honest) from Melissa Patisserie in Camden
  • Bakewell tart
  • Chipolata sausages
  • Beer - disclaimer: partially due to the social aspects that will be more difficult without it, and the fact its the VERY LAST thing I'm allowed to test on the LOFFLEX diet so its kinda like my finish line

No comments:

Post a Comment