Friday 13 May 2016

Mummy & Daddy Miller: The real superstars

The most important thing I have to do is give a MASSIVE shoutout to my Mum and Dad.

I'm not going to get all sappy because thats really not our style, but I genuinely don't know what I would have done over the last 2 months without them.
Either Mum or Dad have stayed overnight with me, in hospital,
at first just sleeping in a chair then in a fold out cot next to my bed without fail for the past nearly 7 weeks, always there, day or night, ready to help (sometimes in ways that I never thought they would have to help me once potty trained). This is all before the fact that they've put up with me being a proper cranky little bitch at times too.

They have been my rock throughout the whole diagnosis, getting through tougher days of treatment and coming to terms with what living with Crohn's means for me long term and its not even close to being over. The most annoying part is that if anyone asks or mentions how good they are (and people do mention it) they just brush it off like its something everyone can and would do. It's simply not and I know how lucky I am.

I will never be able to show enough gratitude for how they've never let me feel like I was dealing with this alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment